Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

How to Get Assessed

The ADD Information Service receives calls and provides information about neurological disorders and their assessment to support a range of people and organisations to help determine the most appropriate next step, including:

  • Parent or family member or the adult for him/herself

  • Doctor/GP General Practitioner
  • Public Health Nurse
  • School, e.g. teacher, or via RTLB Service (Resource Teacher: Learning & Behaviour)
  • Parent to parent
  • Police
  • CAFS (Child, Adolescent and Family Service)
  • GSE (Group Special Education)
  • Psychologist
  • Plunket

The assessment process generally begins by referral to a specialist by one or more of the above.

An initial assessment by a specialist typically takes an hour.

Most patients will be reviewed as required by the specialist throughout the year.